- The Old Stables, Petworth
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on thick moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 14 15/16 inches (28.4 × 37.9 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 14 11/16 × 18 7/16 inches (37.3 × 46.8 cm), and Mount: 16 1/8 × 20 3/8 inches (41 × 51.8 cm)
Inscribed on mount, in pen with gray ink, lower left: "J. M.c Barralet Delint. 1778"; inscribed on mount, in graphite, lower right: "No. 9 (Ashmoleon Coll. View of ) A View of the Old Stables at Petworth, Ex. | (c.1580-1690)"
Signed, in pen with gray ink, lower left: "J. McBarralet, 1778"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Melchior Barralet, active 1750–1787, The Old Stables, Petworth, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.