- Threshing Corn
- ca. 1830
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, rough, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 17 5/8 inches (28.9 x 44.8 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "Hay Threshing"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | carts | clouds | corn | farm | genre subject | grain | industrialization | laborers | landscape | men | pollution | smoke | steam engine | wagons
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Penelope McElwee, The non-representation of the agricultural labourers in 18th and 19th century English paintings : an exploration into the artistic conventions followed by the aristocracy and landowning classes in representations of the agricultural labourers ..., Newcastle upon Tyne, 2016, pp. 128-29, fig. 10-2, NX650.L32 M34 2016 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Peter DeWint, 1784–1849, British, Threshing Corn, ca. 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.