IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Carington Bowles, 1724–1793, British, The Church of Santa Maria della Rotonda at Rome; It was the famous Pantheon of the Antients erected 30 years before the birth of our Saviour, undated
The Church of Santa Maria della Rotonda at Rome; It was the famous Pantheon of the Antients erected 30 years before the birth of our Saviour
- Additional Title(s):
L'Eglise de Santa Maria della Rotonda a Rome, Le Fameux Pantheon des Antients baty 30 ans avant la Naissance de N.S.
- Hand-colored engraving on wove paper
- Plate: 11 1/2 × 16 3/4 inches (29.2 × 42.5 cm), Sheet: 12 1/2 × 18 inches (31.8 × 45.7 cm)
Printed for Robert Wilkinson No.58 Cornhill, & Bowles & Carver, No.69, St. Pauls Church Yard, London
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | cityscape | fountain | plaza | shops | temple
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Pantheon (Rome) | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.