IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Girl in a Pinafore, between 1840 and 1849
Girl in a Pinafore
- Additional Title(s):
Study of a small girl in a pinafore
- between 1840 and 1849
- Watercolor and black chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 x 10 1/8 inches (32.1 x 25.7 cm)
Watermark: J Whatman
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | costume | genre subject | girl | profile (figure)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Sun, Wind, and Rain - The Art of David Cox (Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery, 2009-01-31 - 2009-05-03) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Sun, Wind, and Rain - The Art of David Cox (Yale Center for British Art, 2008-10-16 - 2009-01-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.