A Dutch Packet in a Rising Breeze
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- 7 3/4 x 10 13/16 inches (19.7 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower center: "Dutch Packet--"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Rowlandson 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | breeze | marine art | men | sails | ship | sitting | standing | water | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Masters of the Sea - British Marine Watercolors (National Maritime Museum, 2005-08-25 - 2005-10-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Line of Beauty : British Drawings and Watercolors of the Eighteenth Century (Yale Center for British Art, 2001-05-19 - 2001-08-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Masters of the Sea - British Marine Watercolors (Yale Center for British Art, 1987-06-10 - 1987-08-02) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Royal Academy of Arts, 1978-03-04 - 1978-05-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rowlandson Drawings from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-11-16 - 1978-01-15) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
John T. Hayes, Rowlandson : watercolours and drawings, Phaidon, London, 1972, pp. 19, 41, fig. 33, NJ18 R79 H39 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]