- The First Fishmongers Hall
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, graphite and gouache on moderately thick, rough, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 10 1/4 inches (18.6 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "The first Fishmongers Hall. From an etching in the Guildhall Library, 1650"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "J19126"
Signed in pen with black ink, lower left: "SLJ" (overlapping each other)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Lawson Stewart, active 1883–died 1929, British, The First Fishmongers Hall, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.