IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, The Duke of Wellington's Room at Walmer Castle, Dec. 4, 1852, 1852
The Duke of Wellington's Room at Walmer Castle, Dec. 4, 1852
- watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, graphite, and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 14 7/16 inches (26.5 x 36.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen with black ink over graphite, lower right: "The Duke's Chambers | Sketched at Walmer Castle | Thos S. Boys Dec. 4. 1852"
Signed and dated in black ink, over graphite, lower right: "Tho's S. Boys, 1852"Dec'r 4.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armchair | books | bookshelves | castle | closets | daybeds | doors | furniture | genre subject | interior | interior | mirror | paintings | room | rugs | table (support furniture)
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | United Kingdom | Walmer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.