The Duke of Wellington's Room at Walmer Castle, Dec. 4, 1852
- watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, black ink, graphite and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 14 7/16 inches (26.5 x 36.7 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen with black ink over graphite, lower right: "The Duke's Chambers | Sketched at Walmer Castle | Thos S. Boys Dec. 4. 1852"
Signed and dated in black ink, over graphite, lower right: "Tho's S. Boys, 1852"Dec'r 4.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armchair | books | bookshelves | castle | closets | daybeds | doors | furniture | genre subject | interior | interior | mirror | paintings | room | rugs | table (support furniture)
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | United Kingdom | Walmer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, The Duke of Wellington's Room at Walmer Castle, Dec. 4, 1852, 1852
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.