IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Tree Study (Autumn Foliage), ca. 1828
Tree Study (Autumn Foliage)
- ca. 1828
- Gouache and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 x 12 1/8 inches (25.1 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "D3147 | John Linnell 1792-1882 | LGD | [Cove Blackmash?] | [S. fold?]"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- autumn | botany | branches | fall | foliage | landscape | leaves | science | tree | twigs
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.