A Military Encampment in Hyde Park
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 × 11 7/16 inches (21 × 29.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, verso, center: "Drawn on July [1785?] | by | James Malton"
Signed and dated, verso, in pen with brown ink, "1875 | by | James Malton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | children | dogs (animals) | encampments, military | landscape | men | military art | soldiers | tents | tree | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Hyde Park | London | United Kingdom | Westminster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Malton, 1761–1803, British, A Military Encampment in Hyde Park, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.