Gale of Winds
- Additional Title(s):
Gales of Winds
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, graphite and scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 × 4 1/4 inches (8.4 × 10.8 cm) and Image: 2 1/16 × 3 1/4 inches (5.2 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Gale of Winds"; inscribed in grapphite, verso, center: "120"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | sailboats | sea | storm | water | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.