Gale of Winds
- Additional Title(s):
Gales of Winds
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, graphite, and scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 × 4 1/4 inches (8.4 × 10.8 cm), Image: 2 1/16 × 3 1/4 inches (5.2 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, lower center: "Gale of Winds"; inscribed in grapphite, verso, center: "120"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | sailboats | sea | storm | water | waves (natural events) | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.