IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, A Study of Children, 1811
A Study of Children
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Contemporary drawn border: 8 5/8 x 9 1/4 inches (21.9 x 23.5 cm), Sheet: 3 1/4 x 5 7/8 inches (8.3 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in blue watercolor, upper center: "[?Different] light"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "J Linnell 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | figure study | genre subject | illustration | playing | sitting
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.