- Battle Abbey, Sussex
- Watercolor and graphite on medium slightly textured cream wove paper, mounted on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove card paper
- Mount: 8 5/16 × 10 3/8 inches (21.1 × 26.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 1/16 × 7 1/8 inches (12.9 × 18.1 cm), and Sheet: 4 15/16 × 7 inches (12.5 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Part of Battle Abbey, Sussex"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Cox 5771"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "5771 | Cox"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | sheep
- Associated Places:
- Sussex | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Battle Abbey, Sussex, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.