Seashore and Cliffs, with a Horse and Cart and a Beached Boat on Shore
- Watercolor on moderately thick, rough, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 × 9 3/16 inches (10.8 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Cliffs [Thunderstorm?]"
Paul Mellon collector's stamp on verso
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cart | cliffs | horse (animal) | landscape | seashore | shore (landform)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Seashore and Cliffs, with a Horse and Cart and a Beached Boat on Shore, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.