A Canopied Boat and Two Rowing Boats at a Jetty; Inset Left, a Pencil Study of the Tintern Livestock Ferry-boat
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 × 13 1/2 inches (17 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Tintern [?]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Tintern Pleasure Boat | JW. RA from Monmouth"
Paul Mellon collector's stamp on verso
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JW. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | ferry | jetty (erosion protection work) | landscape
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, A Canopied Boat and Two Rowing Boats at a Jetty; Inset Left, a Pencil Study of the Tintern Livestock Ferry-boat, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.