IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, A Ball at Scarborough, ca. 1820
A Ball at Scarborough
- ca. 1820
- Watercolor, pen and red ink, brown ink, black ink, gray ink, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 11/16 x 9 3/8 inches (14.4 x 23.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balcony | ball (party) | chandeliers | dance | formal dresses | genre subject | men | musicians | room | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | North Yorkshire | Scarborough | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.