View from the Vidette Near Hakin on Signal Hill, Looking Beyond Nangle Point and Thorn Island, Pembrokeshire
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper, mounted on, thick, smooth, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 11 5/8 × 17 9/16 inches (29.5 × 44.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 5/8 × 9 15/16 inches (16.8 × 25.2 cm), and Sheet: 6 3/8 × 9 11/16 inches (16.2 × 24.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, on mount, lower center: "View from the Vidette near Hakin on Signal Hill, looking beyond Nangle Point and Thorn Island | to the Enterance of Milford Haven at St. Anns Head, on which its Lights appear & St. George's Channel in the far distance. | Pembrokeshire."; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "64/6/8/10"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Mellon 3062G"; inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper left: "76"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "64/6/8/10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | boats | cliffs | hills | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Pembrokeshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, View from the Vidette Near Hakin on Signal Hill, Looking Beyond Nangle Point and Thorn Island, Pembrokeshire, 1764-1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.