- A Struggle With a Load of Clay
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, brown, wove paper
- Mount: 8 3/8 × 13 1/2 inches (21.3 × 34.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 6 7/16 × 11 13/16 inches (16.4 × 30 cm), and Sheet: 5 3/16 × 10 7/16 inches (13.2 × 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen with brown ink, upper left: "To Let"
Signed, in pen with brown ink, lower left: "JAP 1855"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Abbott Pasquier, active 1851–1872, A Struggle With a Load of Clay, 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.