- Land Crab, after the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 5 A]
- Watercolor with pen in black ink, over graphite, with gouache on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/16 × 10 7/8 inches (23 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, upper center: "A lande Crab."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Land Crab, after the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 5 A], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.