Horn Plantains on the Stalk, after the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 14]
- Additional Title(s):
Platano, or Planten.
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 12 9/16 × 8 5/8 inches (31.9 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, upper right: "Platano. or Planten."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bananas | botanical subject | fruit | stalk
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Horn Plantains on the Stalk, after the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 14], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.