Cooking Fish, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Sir Walter Raleigh's Virginia, No. 49 A]
- Watercolor, gouache, pen and black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 6 11/16 inches (14.6 × 17 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, over graphite, lower center: "The broyling of their fish over the flame of fier."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "21"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cooking | fire | fish | flames | genre subject | smoke | sticks | wood
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Cooking Fish, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Sir Walter Raleigh's Virginia, No. 49 A], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.