- Horn Plantain, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 13 A]
- Watercolor, gouache, graphite, and pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 × 6 15/16 inches (29.4 × 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink over graphite, upper center: "Platano. or Planten."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banana | botanical subject | fruit
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Mrs. P. D. H. Page, 20th century, Horn Plantain, After the Original by John White in the British Museum [Caribbean and Oceanic, No. 13 A], undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.