Jamaica: Lucea, Montego Bay, in the Early Morning, From the Steamer
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, rough, blued white, wove paper, mounted on, thick, smooth, cream, wove paper
- 10 1/4 × 22 1/4 inches (26 × 56.5 cm), 7 11/16 × 19 3/4 inches (19.5 × 50.2 cm), and 5 3/4 × 17 3/4 inches (14.6 × 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Lucea - Jamaica from the Steamer | [joms?] on to the other of 2 & goes on right"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "17 | C"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: Lucea - early [morn], from steamer | goes on left"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "D139"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | coast | landscape | marine art | ocean | palm trees | shore (landform)
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | Hanover | Jamaica | Lucea | Montego Bay | North and Central America | Saint James
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lionel Grimston Fawkes, 1849–1931, British, Jamaica: Lucea, Montego Bay, in the Early Morning, From the Steamer, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.