King Henry VI, Part I: Act II, Scene V, A Room in the Tower (The Death of Mortimer)
- Former Title(s):
Henry VI, Part I: Act II, Scene v, A Room in the Tower
- Stipple engraving, etching, and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 29 3/8 × 20 1/16 inches (74.6 × 51 cm), 25 1/2 × 18 5/16 inches (64.7 × 46.5 cm), and 22 1/8 × 16 1/16 inches (56.2 × 40.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "60"; inscribed on verso, lower left: "Henry VI part I"
Lettered, below image, lower left: "Painted by J. Northcote."; below image, lower right: "Aqua fortis by R. Thew."; below image, center: "Published Jany. 21. 1792, by J. & J. Boydell, at the Shakspeare Gallery Pall Mall. & No. 90 Cheapside. | SHAKSPEARE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chains | cross (object) | Henry VI, part I by William Shakespeare | lantern | literary theme | scroll (information artifact) | shackles
- Associated Places:
- Tower of London
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Thew, 1758–1802, British, King Henry VI, Part I: Act II, Scene V, A Room in the Tower (The Death of Mortimer), 1792