King Henry VI, Part I: Act II, Scene V, A Room in the Tower (The Death of Mortimer)
- Former Title(s):
Henry VI, Part I: Act II, Scene v, A Room in the Tower
- Stipple engraving, etching, and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 29 3/8 × 20 1/16 inches (74.6 × 51 cm), Plate: 25 1/2 × 18 5/16 inches (64.7 × 46.5 cm), and Image: 22 1/8 × 16 1/16 inches (56.2 × 40.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "60"; inscribed on verso, lower left: "Henry VI part I"
Lettered, below image, lower left: "Painted by J. Northcote."; below image, lower right: "Aqua fortis by R. Thew."; below image, center: "Published Jany. 21. 1792, by J. & J. Boydell, at the Shakspeare Gallery Pall Mall. & No. 90 Cheapside. | SHAKSPEARE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chains | cross (object) | Henry VI, part I by William Shakespeare | lantern | scroll (information artifact) | shackles
- Associated Places:
- Tower of London
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Thew, 1758–1802, British, King Henry VI, Part I: Act II, Scene V, A Room in the Tower (The Death of Mortimer), 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.