- Watercolor, with pen in gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 × 5 13/16 inches (10.2 × 14.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen with black ink, lower left: "Evening"
Signed and dated, in pen with gray ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson 1799"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- evening | figure study | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | sporting art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.