George Alken, 1794–active 1837, British, Foxhunting: Rider, Taking a Fence, undated
Foxhunting: Rider, Taking a Fence
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 × 10 5/8 inches (20 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "HRM 17 - 6A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | fox hunting | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | man | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.