Exercising a Racehorse
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 10 3/4 inches (20.5 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite underscored on paper attached to mount, lower right: "c | Ph[...?] Mare"; Inscribed in graphite on verso, center right: "HRH. 17 - 6A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- field | horse (animal) | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | jockey | landscape | man | sporting art
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Alken, 1794–active 1837, British, Exercising a Racehorse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.