Exercising a Racehorse
- Watercolor, graphite, gouache, and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 10 3/4 inches (20.5 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite underscored on paper attached to mount, lower right: "c | Ph[...?] Mare"; Inscribed in graphite on verso, center right: "HRH. 17 - 6A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- field | horse (animal) | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | jockey | landscape | man | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Alken, 1794–active 1837, British, Exercising a Racehorse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.