IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, A Charging Mameluke Firing a Pistol, ca. 1823
A Charging Mameluke Firing a Pistol
- ca. 1823
- Graphite with traces of red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 10 1/16 inches (16.7 × 25.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- galloping | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | Mameluke | man | military art | pistol | soldier | sword
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.