Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Scraps", No. 15: Racehorse with Jockey Up, Two Men Discussing the Horse, 1823
"Scraps", No. 15: Racehorse with Jockey Up, Two Men Discussing the Horse
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 9 1/2 inches (16.8 × 24.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horse (animal) | horse racing | horseback riders | horseback riding | jockey | men | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.