- "Scraps", No. 24: Hunting -Ttwo Riders, One Opening a Gate For Hounds
- Graphite and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/16 × 9 3/16 inches (18.3 × 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso: lower left: "H Alken"
Signed in graphite, on verso, lower left: H Alken
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fence | gate | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | men | sporting art | tree | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Scraps", No. 24: Hunting -Ttwo Riders, One Opening a Gate For Hounds, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.