- Symptoms: of Unwelcome Guests, of Being Off the Curb, of Can't Exactly Say: No Consulation of Physicians, of W'ont Exactly Say: No Consultations of Lawyers.
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 11/16 × 8 13/16 inches (17 × 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "of can't exactly say"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of won't exactly say"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- accident | bed | cart | crash | death | dispute | galloping | genre subject | handgun | hats | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | robbers | robbery | table | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Unwelcome Guests, of Being Off the Curb, of Can't Exactly Say: No Consulation of Physicians, of W'ont Exactly Say: No Consultations of Lawyers, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.