Symptoms: of a Few Neat Ones going to a Mill, of Returning from the Epping Hunt.
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 7/8 inches (17.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "[illegible]; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of a return from Epping | Easter Monday"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | cudgels | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | injury | men | mill | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of a Few Neat Ones going to a Mill, of Returning from the Epping Hunt, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.