Symptoms: of a Few Neat Ones going to a Mill, of Returning from the Epping Hunt.
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 × 8 7/8 inches (17.5 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "[illegible]; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of a return from Epping | Easter Monday"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | cudgels | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | injury | men | mill | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of a Few Neat Ones going to a Mill, of Returning from the Epping Hunt, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.