Symptoms: of Entering Quod, of a Hunting Story, of a Gig and Pair, of Wont Go, of Been in Quod some Tome
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 9 1/16 inches (18.6 × 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "14"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: [? unreadable]; inscribed in graphite, verso lower center: "going to kick"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "of been in Quod some time"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | carriage | chairs | donkey | drinking | food | genre subject | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | people | smoking (activity) | table | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Entering Quod, of a Hunting Story, of a Gig and Pair, of Wont Go, of Been in Quod some Tome, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.