Symptoms: of Can't Wait, of Come-to Ther Glass, of Blood & Bone-Going Against Time, of the Reduced List, of Out of Cash & a-Little in Debt at an Inn, of In cash-at an Inn
- Part Of:
- between 1818 and 1822
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 7 1/2 × 8 15/16 inches (19.1 × 22.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "the other | of come to ther Glass"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "of Can't Wait"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "of Blood & bone, ('holding', scratched out ) going against time"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | candles | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | people | skeleton | spear
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Symptoms: of Can't Wait, of Come-to Ther Glass, of Blood & Bone-Going Against Time, of the Reduced List, of Out of Cash & a-Little in Debt at an Inn, of In cash-at an Inn, between 1818 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.