IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Head of a Stable Lad, Looking Between the Heads of a Horse, on His Left, and a Donkey, on His Right, undated
Head of a Stable Lad, Looking Between the Heads of a Horse, on His Left, and a Donkey, on His Right
- Graphite and white gouache on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 5 × 7 11/16 inches (12.7 × 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "41"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | donkey | genre subject | heads | horse (animal) | portraits
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.