- Head and Neck of a Horse in Fear or Exhaustion, Mane Swept Forwards, Profile Right
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 5 inches (11.7 × 12.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "62"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center right: "43"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Head and Neck of a Horse in Fear or Exhaustion, Mane Swept Forwards, Profile Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.