- "Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion You Must Either Pull Him Over or Persuade Him to Pull You Back Again'
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 8 7/16 inches (16.7 × 21.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- falling | fence | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | reins | sporting art | stirrups | trees | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Notions": 'I Have a Notion You Must Either Pull Him Over or Persuade Him to Pull You Back Again', between 1831 and 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.