- "Sporting Notions": 'I Had No Notion of the Comforts of Hunting by Water'
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 8 1/4 inches (16.7 × 21 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- falling | fence | field | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | sporting art | swimming | tree | water | whip | windmill
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Notions": 'I Had No Notion of the Comforts of Hunting by Water', between 1831 and 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.