"Sporting Notions": 'My Notion is We Shall Get Him up Pretty Shortly What is Your Notion? I've Worked so Hard that I Hav'nt a Notion in Me'
- Former Title(s):
NOTIONS. My NOTION is we shall get him up pretty shortly what's your NOTION? I've work'd so hard that I hav'nt a NOTION in me.
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite with red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 8 inches (16.8 × 20.3 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hat | hill | horseback riders | horseback riding | men | plants | sporting art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)