- "Sporting Notions:" 'Hav'nt You a Notion That Tthis is the Best Mode of Monveyance Over a brook? and I Think by the Look of the Fellow he Never Had Any Thing so Neat in His Thing-a-My Before'
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite with red chalk and white gouache on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 5/16 inches (16.5 × 21.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | brook | field | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | plants | pole | riverbank | sporting art | tree | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Notions:" 'Hav'nt You a Notion That Tthis is the Best Mode of Monveyance Over a brook? and I Think by the Look of the Fellow he Never Had Any Thing so Neat in His Thing-a-My Before', between 1831 and 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.