"Sporting Notions:" 'Hav'nt You a Notion That Tthis is the Best Mode of Monveyance Over a brook? and I Think by the Look of the Fellow he Never Had Any Thing so Neat in His Thing-a-My Before'
- Former Title(s):
NOTIONS. Hav/nt you a NOTION that this is the best mode of Conveyance over a Brook?--And I think by the look of the fellow he never had any thing so neat in his Thing-a-my before.
- between 1831 and 1832
- Graphite with red chalk and white gouache on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 8 5/16 inches (16.5 × 21.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | brook | field | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | plants | pole | riverbank | sporting art | tree | water
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Dudley Snelgrove, British Sporting and Animal Prints 1658-1874: A Catalogue, The Paul Mellon Collection , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 1981, NE960.3 G7 B75 + Oversize (Mellon Shelf) (YCBA)