An Illustration of C.J. Apperley ('Nimrod'), "The Life of a Sportsman": 'A Night Scene with Sir Thomas Mostyn'
- Watercolor over etched outline, with gouache on medium. slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 13/16 × 7 3/8 inches (12.2 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "10 | 28"; inscribed in graphite, verso: lower left: "A Night Scene with Sir Thomas Mostyn | p. 226 Life of a Sportsman - Apperly | HRH. 10128."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fence | forest | fox (animal) | fox hunting | hill | horses (animals) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | lantern | literary theme | men | night | shovel | sporting art | sportsmen | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, An Illustration of C.J. Apperley ('Nimrod'), "The Life of a Sportsman": 'A Night Scene with Sir Thomas Mostyn', 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.