Illustration for R.S. Surtees', "The Analysis of the Hunting Field:" Full Cry: 'Let's Keep the Lead'
- Watercolor over etched outline, with gouache, and pen in black ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- 4 11/16 × 7 3/4 inches (11.9 × 19.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM. 10- 29"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | field | galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | landscape | literary theme | men | racing | sporting art | windmill
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Illustration for R.S. Surtees', "The Analysis of the Hunting Field:" Full Cry: 'Let's Keep the Lead', undated