Illustration to R.S. Surtees', "Jorrocks's Jaunts and Jollities:" 'Mr. Jorrocks Renounces the Acquaintance of the Yorkshireman'
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/8 × 6 9/16 inches (10.5 × 16.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "262"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "HRM 10-30."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- argument | buildings | chairs | crowd | dog (animal) | genre subject | literary theme | men | park (recreation area) | people | trees | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Illustration to R.S. Surtees', "Jorrocks's Jaunts and Jollities:" 'Mr. Jorrocks Renounces the Acquaintance of the Yorkshireman', undated