"Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:"...You Discover You Have Obtained a Steady One
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, and graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 1/8 inches (19.1 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "[6?] or [9?]"; inscdribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-14"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | donkey | driver | driving | genre subject | horse (animal) | horseback riders | horseback riding | houses | men | umbrella | whip | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving:"...You Discover You Have Obtained a Steady One, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.