"Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving..." You Discover that the Reins are Under His Tail
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, black ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 3/8 inches (19.1 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "15"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12 - 15A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | driver | driving | falling | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | rearing (horse) | reins | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Sporting Discoveries, or the Miseries of Driving..." You Discover that the Reins are Under His Tail, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.