"Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Over a Difficulty
- between 1848 and 1851
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- 7 9/16 × 10 11/16 inches (19.2 × 27.1 cm) and 7 7/16 × 10 7/16 inches (18.9 × 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRM. 12 - 19"
Signed, in graphite, lower left: "B-I-o"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bushes | coat | dogs (animals) | fences | fields | hat | hills | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | hounds (dogs) | hunt | hunters | hunting | jumping | men | sporting art | stones | wall
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Over a Difficulty, between 1848 and 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.