In the Skirts of the Forest
- Materials & Techniques:
- Pen and brown ink, brown wash and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 20 x 28 inches (50.8 x 71.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "11076"; lower center: "In the skirts of the forest."
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink, lower left: "A.L. 1880"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | landscape | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alphonse Legros, 1837–1911, French, active in Britain (1863–11), In the Skirts of the Forest, 1880
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.