"Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Dead Beat
- between 1848 and 1851
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- 7 5/8 × 10 11/16 inches (19.4 × 27.1 cm) and 7 3/8 × 10 7/16 inches (18.7 × 26.5 cm)
inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-20"
Watermark: J Whatman | 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | fields | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | landscape | men | puddles | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Dead Beat, between 1848 and 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.