"Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Dead Beat
- between 1848 and 1851
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 × 10 11/16 inches (19.4 × 27.1 cm) and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 7/16 inches (18.7 × 26.5 cm)
inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-20"
Watermark: J Whatman | 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | landscape | men | sporting art | whips (animal equipment)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Dead Beat, between 1848 and 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.