- "Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Home
- between 1820 and 1821
- Graphite, watercolor and gouache on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 9/16 × 10 5/8 inches (19.2 × 27 cm) and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 7/16 inches (18.7 × 26.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 12-22A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | puddle | rain | sporting art | walking
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, "Some Do and Some Don't: It is All a Notion:" Getting Home, between 1820 and 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.