Drawing for "Specimens of Riding Near London:" Fancy - View Near Gray's Inn Road
- between 1809 and 1823
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "16.10A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "5"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 16-2"
Watermark: "J Watman | 1809"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | sporting art | trotting | whip
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Drawing for "Specimens of Riding Near London:" Fancy - View Near Gray's Inn Road, between 1809 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.