Drawing for "Specimens of Riding Near London:" Fancy - View Near Gray's Inn Road
- between 1809 and 1823
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16 × 22.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "16.10A"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "2"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center left: "5"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "HRH 16-2"
Watermark: "J Watman | 1809"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | sporting art | trotting | whip
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Drawing for "Specimens of Riding Near London:" Fancy - View Near Gray's Inn Road, between 1809 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.