- Drawing for "Specimens of Riding near London:" The Pleasure of Riding in Company. One Would Stop if the Other Could
- between 1809 and 1823
- Graphite and red chalk on thin, slightly textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 9 1/8 inches (17.1 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "London | V"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- galloping | horseback riders | horseback riding | horses (animals) | men | reins | sporting art
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Thomas Alken, 1785–1851, British, Drawing for "Specimens of Riding near London:" The Pleasure of Riding in Company. One Would Stop if the Other Could, between 1809 and 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.